Join me this Sunday for Afternoon Pancakes, by using this fantastic recipe for Traditional Danish Pancakes;
- 200g wheat flour
- 4-6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- One pinch of cardamom
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 500ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 50g butter
- Melt the butter in a crêpe pan, or other non-stick pan. Make sure it does not burn. Let the butter cool in the pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a big bowl. Add the milk, little by little and stir vigorously to get rid of any lumps. Add the eggs and stir. Add the butter and lemon juice, and stir well.
- Reheat the greased pan to medium-high. When the butter is sizzling, hold the pan at an angle with one hand and pour the batter into the pan with the other. Move the pan slowly in a circular movement to evenly distribute the batter.
- Flip the pancake, once light brown edges are showing.
- Cook shortly, approximately 10 seconds on the other side.
- Place the cooked pancake on a plate, and cover with foil.
In Denmark we usually ad sugar and/or jam to the Pancake. We then roll it, and eat it with our fingers. Well, at least, that is how we did it, when I was a child. This Sunday for Afternoon Pancakes, I will let my guests choose, weather they will use a knife and fork, or eat with the childish joy of just using their fingers.
Author: Camilla Hilbrands
Camilla formed the company At Work A/S in 1992 at the age of 20 and has been active as a wellbeing expert ever since. She has followed and been involved in creating the development within health and wellbeing in the workplace from its modest beginnings at the start of the 1990s, and she has, among other things, been an expert at National Centre for Workplace Health Promotion (Nationalt Center for Sundhedsfremme på Arbejdspladsen).
Camilla is an experienced leader, teacher and speaker and spends most of her time developing and arranging courses and concepts that aim at increased wellbeing for individuals and groups.
Creativity, honesty and social intelligence are Camilla’s strong points, and in addition to this she is known for her passion for and book about pancakes. Her focus is basically resource-oriented and innovative and her tal and workshops are based on the most recent research in the fields of positive psychology, neuroscience and behavioural science.
Camilla is an informal and humorous speaker, and with her solid professional background she always leaves her audience with aha moments and specific tools they can use straight away.
Camilla is an active participant and networker at various conferences, including TED conferences, and in addition to this she has been enrolled as a member of Richard Branson’s “Change Makers and Rule Breakers”, and she is a strong supporter of the motto: Be the change you wish to see in the world.
View all posts by Camilla Hilbrands
4 thoughts on “Recipe Traditional Danish Pancakes”