Is this almost a Christmas recipe? I don´t know, but I have to try it this weekend! Please do so as well!
Red Velvet Griddle Pancakes
· 130g all-purpose flour
· 3 tsp baking powder
· ½ tsp salt
· 2 tbsp sugar
· 1 tsp vanilla sugar
· 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1 egg, beaten
· 180ml buttermilk
· 30g butter, melted
· 4 tsp red food coloring
· Butter, for the griddle
1. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, sugars, and cocoa powder into a large bowl.
2. Add in the egg, buttermilk, melted butter, and red food coloring, and stir the batter gently until combined; it should still have a few lumps in it.
3. Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes, while you make the glaze.
4. Preheat a griddle to 160oC. Grease it with butter. Once hot, add 60ml of the pancake batter. Flip the pancake once the first few bubbles start to break on the surface of the pancake. Take the pancake off the griddle once the other side is soft and pillowy. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5. Serve with the cream cheese glaze and powdered sugar.
Cream Cheese Glaze
· 60g cream cheese, softened
· 90g powdered sugar
· 2 tbsp milk
· ½ tsp vanilla sugar or extract
· Powdered sugar, for garnish
1. In a medium sized bowl, add all of the ingredients and blend until smooth and silky. Serve on top of the red velvet pancakes.