Is this almost a Christmas recipe? I don´t know, but I have to try it this weekend! Please do so as well!
Red Velvet Griddle Pancakes
· 130g all-purpose flour
· 3 tsp baking powder
· ½ tsp salt
· 2 tbsp sugar
· 1 tsp vanilla sugar
· 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1 egg, beaten
· 180ml buttermilk
· 30g butter, melted
· 4 tsp red food coloring
· Butter, for the griddle
1. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, sugars, and cocoa powder into a large bowl.
2. Add in the egg, buttermilk, melted butter, and red food coloring, and stir the batter gently until combined; it should still have a few lumps in it.
3. Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes, while you make the glaze.
4. Preheat a griddle to 160oC. Grease it with butter. Once hot, add 60ml of the pancake batter. Flip the pancake once the first few bubbles start to break on the surface of the pancake. Take the pancake off the griddle once the other side is soft and pillowy. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5. Serve with the cream cheese glaze and powdered sugar.
Cream Cheese Glaze
· 60g cream cheese, softened
· 90g powdered sugar
· 2 tbsp milk
· ½ tsp vanilla sugar or extract
· Powdered sugar, for garnish
1. In a medium sized bowl, add all of the ingredients and blend until smooth and silky. Serve on top of the red velvet pancakes.
Author: Camilla Hilbrands
Camilla formed the company At Work A/S in 1992 at the age of 20 and has been active as a wellbeing expert ever since. She has followed and been involved in creating the development within health and wellbeing in the workplace from its modest beginnings at the start of the 1990s, and she has, among other things, been an expert at National Centre for Workplace Health Promotion (Nationalt Center for Sundhedsfremme på Arbejdspladsen).
Camilla is an experienced leader, teacher and speaker and spends most of her time developing and arranging courses and concepts that aim at increased wellbeing for individuals and groups.
Creativity, honesty and social intelligence are Camilla’s strong points, and in addition to this she is known for her passion for and book about pancakes. Her focus is basically resource-oriented and innovative and her tal and workshops are based on the most recent research in the fields of positive psychology, neuroscience and behavioural science.
Camilla is an informal and humorous speaker, and with her solid professional background she always leaves her audience with aha moments and specific tools they can use straight away.
Camilla is an active participant and networker at various conferences, including TED conferences, and in addition to this she has been enrolled as a member of Richard Branson’s “Change Makers and Rule Breakers”, and she is a strong supporter of the motto: Be the change you wish to see in the world.
View all posts by Camilla Hilbrands