You have to try these! They are easy to make, and taste incredible.
Chocolate Chip Griddle Pancakes
· 200g all-purpose flour
· 2 tbsp sugar
· 1/2 tbsp baking powder
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 350ml buttermilk
· 75ml whole milk
· 2 eggs, separated
· 40g butter, melted
· 200g chocolate chips·
· Coconut oil, for the griddle
1. In a large pitcher, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another container, whisk together buttermilk, milk, and the egg yolks. With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
2. Whisking constantly, add melted butter to the milk mixture. Pour this mixture into the pitcher along with the chocolate, and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
3. Heat a griddle to medium heat.
4. Gently fold beaten egg whites into the batter.
5. Add a little coconut oil to the griddle. For each pancake, pour 60ml batter from the pitcher straight onto the hot griddle.
6. Flip the pancakes once bubbles form on the surface.
7. Cook the pancakes until golden brown on the second side.